Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Update on my business

It's again been several months since I have last blogged, but I will be doing more now as my business is picking up quite a bit!

Over this past year I have worked on my new "Whimsical Animal Bags" and have quite a few in the painting process. I like to work on several bags at once as it takes a day or so to dry each coat of paint properly between layers. Some of my brushstrokes can be fairly heavy and I need this time to dry it. Thus I'm able to go from one bag to another - alternating the painting days. As well I have other things to do in between such as drafting patterns, punching holes, sewing other bags or working on my Medieval goods.

Speaking of Medieval, I attended both the Upper Canada Village Medieval Festival and the Kingdom of Osgoode Medieval Festivals this past summer. I was a merchant at the Upper Canada one and did very well with my leather business. I had a lot of interest in my looped belt pouches (which not only can be worn with Medieval Garb but with a pair of jeans!). A lot of my leather water bottles with Celtic or Medieval designs painted or burned onto them sold...I was happy to see what types of patterns people liked.

It's always a learning curve to create, some things take off and others simply don't. I love the challenge of experimenting with ideas!

For the second year in a row I will be a part of the upcoming "On Common Ground Studio Tour" in Mountain, Ontario. I will be on stop number 9 at the hostess "Pam Sherrer's" farm house along with Pam and 2 other artists/artisans. I'm quite excited about this, it was a wonderful fun experience last fall!

Here is the link for the tour....
http://www.ocgstudiotour.ca/

Cheers, Barb :)

No comments:

Post a Comment