Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Leather Works and Celtic Jewellery!

As the time is flying closer to the Upper Canada Village Medieval Festival I am keeping busy making leather goods and also wire Celtic-inspired jewellery to have for sale at my booth. I will be merchanting there again this summer.

My jewellery will be made of Copper, Leather or Aluminum (for the wire work I create the designs and hammer the pieces and will be oxidising several pieces to give them an "Antiqued Age-Patina").

I won't be bringing my "Whimsical Animal Bags" to this event as they don't fit the theme (though I may bring one for the fun of it). Instead I will have a good selection of Medieval/Renaissance style leather belt pouches and purses, leather water bottle holders (they hold beer and wine coolers as well...these holders have Celtic-themed designs burned or painted on them), leather roses, coin pouches and other various items.

If you are attending the festival please feel free to drop by my booth to say "hello" !! (my booth is likely going to be near if not beside the archery demo area, plus I will be performing on stage with my Middle Eastern Dance Troupe "The Alika Farasha Dancers" throughout each day of the event as well as performing during the Kings Banquet on Saturday night!

Please check out the link for the festival!
http://www.medievalfestival.ca/index.php

Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment